Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Lagging Again

So sorry for my absence.  So much to tell and so little time I have had.  I will get back to posting pictures of my honeymoon at a later date.  I have not had time to do that lately.

The reason for my silence is that I have started a new job.  I was unhappy in my last position and when a former employer called me up and asked me if I wanted my old job back, I jumped on it.  I have been getting up to speed in the office and learning the things that have been changed and generally enjoying my new position.  The work taxes my brain some days but I am so enjoying it!  I can get up and move around, take a break and walk away from my computer and I have the ability to set my own hours, within reason.  I am taking off Friday to do some Christmas baking/candy making and will come in Saturday and work instead.  After being confined to a desk and not given the freedom to move about at will and take breaks when needed has stifled me.  I work hard and put my time in and get my work done and that's what matters.  I have to drive a bit farther to work but, that's ok.  To have a job that I love and enjoy coming to is so lovely.

I have been very busy knitting!  I have finished a cancer cap for a friend going through chemo, finished another hat and an ear warmer for a friend's daughter, I have finished a scarf-it needs blocked- and I started a cowl for myself and am almost finished with a sweater for my lovely husband.

I do a lot of thinking on my commute every day and was thinking about the lessons I've learned in the past few years and the things that I that matter to me.  I don't know where I would be without my faith, and I don't know how people with no faith survive what I have.  I can see why so many turn to other things to relieve their suffering because they don't have the Lord to lean on.  I wish I could teach people what I learned about marriage and about "death do us part".  I see so many young people that move in together, and don't get married, going into the relationship with the idea if it doesn't work out I'll just leave.  Makes for lonely people that continue to do that because they cannot fill the hole within themselves.  Having faith and having a relationship and the bond of marriage make a difference.  It's not based in mutual lust, it's based on love, and the mutual caring of one another.  Marriage is where you put yourself aside and put someone else ahead of you.  When you have two adults that go into marriage with this attitude, it makes for a wonderful marriage and a happy life.  Marriage is hard, even for the best of us but, when you are dedicated and willing to make it work, it can be what it is supposed to be:  a safe haven from the crazy world, a place of refuge and relief and where you can be held and hold one another through difficult times.  I don't know how we as a culture have gotten away from this and it makes me sad to think people are out there not experiencing what I have experienced.  We need to teach our young people what relationships are really like and why marriage is important.

Ok, off my soap box for today.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment