Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thought for Today

I was listening to the radio this morning on the way to work and they gave a though for today and I thought it was good enough to share:

How people treat you does not define who you are.


Then another thought came up by someone else:  Letting what people think of you influencing who you are or having the attitude that you don't care what people think of you.


My brain went into gear as it is want to do and I thought about how often we let how people treat us and what people think of us define our own self worth.  Then my thoughts went in the opposite direction and I started thinking about how what we think and how we treat others affects them as well.  To go even farther, whose opinion should matter to us?  In all honesty, it's God's opinion that should matter to us.  Ultimately it is His opinion that matters most of all.  If we lived our lives trying to be what God wants us to be, then the Bible tells us what His opinion will be of us.  We should strive to get God's good opinion and everything else will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment