Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I'm posing a question for thought...

why do you knit?  Really, why?

I was listening to a fellow blogger talking about how they were attacked for their view point on an explosive topic in a knitting group; and the thought came to mind, why do they knit?  Then of course I had to ask myself, why do I knit?

I knit because God gifted me the talent of knitting and I have a need to share it.  I started sharing my knitted objects when my brother was diagnosed with cancer.  I was lead to give knitted hats and shawls to the cancer center and I loved doing it: I loved that my craft gave comfort to others.  I like to make things for myself and for my family.  Knitting feeds my creativity.  I will make things for myself and if someone truly admires it and wishes for one, I will take what I have on off and give it away.  I like that the simple thing I do with yarn and sticks makes someone else happy.  

I don't agree with others that use my craft as a political statement, a reason for snobbery, or a way to hurt people.  The people that do that need to grow up and live in the real world.  Remember what Thumper on Bambi said?  "If you can't say something nice, then don't say nothin' at all."  Here's a clip:  Thumper

No comments:

Post a Comment