Monday, April 3, 2017

More Photos

I realized that I had not published several of my photos from my honeymoon so I have decided to go back to sharing those.  I covered London in my previous post so I will cover Dover and Calais France this time.
 This was the scene from our room in Dover.  We looked over the back garden, it was lovely.  However, we had to walk up four flights of stairs to get there.  When you are tired and wet with rain you don't really want to carry 4 heavy bags up the stairs.  The host was lovely and made breakfast for us every morning.  That man could cook!
 While we didn't get to go tour Dover Castle, we were able to catch glimpses of it as we rambled about town.  Dover has a lovely fish and chips shop on one of the main streets.  Very nice young man running the shop and the food was fab!

 Views of the White Cliffs from the ferry that we took to Calais France.


 Dover Castle sitting above the White Cliffs.  It is a beautiful sight from the bay.
 Photos of Calais coming into port.  It is a lovely small seaside town.  We wondered the main square and shopped and had lunch.


Yummy lunch at a little bistro just off the main square.  The owner didn't speak much English but knew that Jack Daniels Whiskey could be obtained from the state I live in.  When he asked and we told him we were from TN, he said OH, Jack Daniels!  and pointed to a sign on his wall.  Evidently he has taken a trip to the distillery in TN to taste the whiskey.

Eventually I would like to get back to Dover; I would like to explore the castle and more of the town.  It rained most of the time we were there so we didn't see as much as we would have liked to.

No comments:

Post a Comment